I wish I could become a smartphone

By | June 8, 2018 3:53 pm

An elementary school science teacher had done with her dinner and started evaluating assignment notes done by a colleague’s class students. Her husband is strolling around with a smart phone playing his favorite ‘Candy Crush Saga’ game. Meanwhile silent tears started rolling on her cheeks after reading the last sentence of one of the student’s notebook.

Her husband saw her and asked, ‘Honey,What’s the matter? What happened?

Wife: ‘Yesterday, Sonia, the English teacher, has requested me to share her work load and evaluate few of the assignments she has given to her 3rd Standard students as she would be busy with a ceremony at home. The assignment was to write a paragraph on the topic –My Wish-.

Husband: ‘OK, but why’re you weeping?

Wife: ‘Just now I read something in one of the notes which made me a bit emotional, sorry I couldn’t control my tears’.

Husband curiously: ‘What’s written in it?

Wife: ‘Let me read it out. ‘My wish’ is to become a smart phone. Yes, a smart phone. My parents love the smart phone more than anything else including, their only son, me. They care their smart phone so much that many-a-times they just forget to take care of me. Though my dad comes from his office tired and exhausted, he still has time for smart phone but not for me. Even when my mom is indulged in some important work, the mere sound of the ringtone would alert her and attends the call within no time, but not me, even if I’m lying around crying for hours together. They play games on their smart phones but not with me. They play it with sheer excitement and enthusiasm that I wish they could show a tiny bit of it on me too. When they are talking to someone on their smart phone, they never listen to me even if I am telling something important. I wait the whole day to tell them that I secured top grade in the class, but they don’t even bother to converse with their only son, instead they talk hours together on the conference calls. Experiencing all these, I thought at least a weekend picnic/tour would buy me some quality time to spend with them.But I’m wrong, they were so busy with check-ins, photo uploads, likes and Comments about the exotic destinations that the so-called picnic was spent 90% in the virtual world of smart phone and the remaining 10% traveling.Thus i’m lonely in a family full of smart devices. So my wish is to become a smart phone. Hope I can experience the real parenthood this time 🙁 ‘.

After listening to it husband got emotional and asked ‘who’s the kid?’.

Wife: ‘Our only son’.

*God created humans to love and devices to use, but we’re making a mess of it and living vice-versa*

Category: Motivational Stories

About Bramesh

Bramesh Bhandari has been actively trading the Indian Stock Markets since over 15+ Years. His primary strategies are his interpretations and applications of Gann And Astro Methodologies developed over the past decade.

One thought on “I wish I could become a smartphone

Leave a Reply